This recipe is for 5 chicken thighs.
- 2 lbs. bone-in chicken thighs
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 clove garlic grated
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- red pepper (optional)
- 2 green onion stalks, chopped (optional)
- 2 tbsp ground white sesame seeds (optional)
- 4 tbsp grated onion (optional)
- Toast the sesame seeds over the stovetop in an iron or steel pan. No oil is needed
to toast the seeds. Stir the seeds periodically to toast them evenly. Once the sesame
seeds are a nice golden brown, pour them into a mortar and pestle and grind the seeds.
- Mix all the ingredients for the marinade. Allow the chicken to marinate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
Line a baking pan with aluminum foil
greased with salad oil.
- Place chicken thighs skin-side down on the pan and bake for 30 min. Flip the thighs
over and bake for 10 more minutes. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes, for a nice browned finish.
The internal temperature of the chicken must reach 165°F (74°C).
- Serve with rice.