This recipe is for one 12-cup Bundt pan or 2 (9 or 8-inch) round cake pans.
- Sprinkle nuts over bottom of pan:
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Mix all the ingredients together and beat with a blender
for at least 5 full minutes or follow the cake mix direction:
- 1 18 1/2oz. pkg. yellow cake mix
1 3 3/4 oz. pkg Jello instant vanilla pudding mix
1/2 cup cold water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Pour batter over nuts. Bake 1 hour at 350°F. or
follow the package direction.
- Cool. Invert on serving plate. Prick top. Drizzle
and smooth glaze evenly over top and sides. Allow cake to absorb
glaze. Repeat till glaze is used up.
- Melt in saucepan:
- Stir in and boil 5 minutes, stirring constantly:
- 1/4 cup water
1 cup sugar
- Remove from heat. Stir in:
- 1/2 cup Bacardi dark rum (80 proof)