Back to Home
Kitchen Fairies Shop
- 2 1/4 cups (270 g) cake flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 oz. (55 g) bittersweet chocolate
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1/4 cup (55 g) butter
- 1/4 cup (55 g) salad oil
- 1 cup (200 g) granular sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup (240 cc) sour cream or plain yogurt
- 3 tbsp. hot water
- 2 tsp. instant coffee
- some powdered sugar
- In a medium bowl, combine and sift cake flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Chop the chocolate into smaller pieces. Heat in a microwave oven. Because chocolate
burns easily, every 7 seconds you must check and stir when it starts to melt. Continue until
all the lumps have melted. If you are using bitter chocolates, add 1 tablespoon of honey.
- In a small bowl, mix instant coffee into 3 tablespoons of hot water until it dissolves completely.
- In a medium bowl, mix butter using an electric beater. Gradually beat in sugar and salad oil.
Beat in two eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla extract and yogurt (or sour cream) and beat until
smooth. Divide the flour mixture that you prepared earlier into thirds. For each 1/3 flour
mixture, sift in and beat at the lowest setting.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease an 8 x 8" square pan. Drop half of the
batter in the pan in random places, leaving parts of the pan empty.
- Beat in the melted chocolate and coffee to the remaining batter. Drop in the chocolate batter
to fill the gaps in the pan. Using a chopstick or spoon, swirl the chocolate batter to create
a marble pattern. You can use a crosshatch pattern or create spirals. Smooth the top of the
batter with a spatula. Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 30-35 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
Copyright © 2008 Anyrecipe.net