Back to Home
Kitchen Fairies Shop
- Remove the chicken from the bag and save the bag. You will need the bag for
marinating. Remove the giblets and wash the chicken inside and out. Pat dry with a paper
towel. Remove the extra fat under the skin around the tail. Place the chicken
in the bag.
- In a bowl, mix:
- 1 1/2 cups water (360 cc)
- 3 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 3 3/4 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 or 3 sprigs parsley, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 or 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon orange or lemon rind
- Pour the marinade brine into the bag and tie the bag tightly so that the whole chicken is soaked in the brine.
Refrigerate over night.
- Tie the wings as in the picture.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C). Place the chicken breast-side up on a baking pan or a
roasting pan and discard the brine. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Place it in the oven and lower the temperature to 350°F
(175°C) and bake for about 40 minutes. Remove the chicken from the oven and baste the chicken twice
with the pan drippings. Return the chicken to the oven and bake for another 40 minutes, or until the
skin becomes crispy and brown.
As a general rule, chicken must be baked 20 minutes for each pound (445 g). Alternatively, you can use a
thermometer to determine when the chicken is done cooking.
Insert a baking thermometer into the
center of the thigh without contacting the bone. When the temperature reaches to 180 to 185°F (82 to 85°C), it is done.
Copyright © 2008 Anyrecipe.net