Prepare a 9-inch baked traditional,
vegan pie crust.
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 Tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 3 well beaten egg yolks
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp. lemon rind
- 1/2 pint whipping cream
- Sift into sauce pan-1 1/2 cup sugar, cornstarch, 1/4 tsp salt. Mix
- Gradually blend in- 1/2 cup cold water , 1/2 cup lemon juice . Mix
egg yolk in a separate bowl and add to the sugar mixture. Don't add
yolk without mixing in the seperate bowl first.
- Heat stirring constantly and gradually add 1 1/2 cup boiling water.
Simmer 1 minute.
- Stir in 1 tsp grated lemon rind and butter.
- Pour into the pie crust while the
filling is hot . If you pour after the filling cooled down, it doesn't
- Chill and decorate with whipping cream.