- 1 eggplant, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium size or 1/2 large yellow onion (sliced)
- 1 clove garlic, crashed
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. pesto
- 1 cup Prego spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 5 oz. cheese (shredded)
- 3 tbsp. pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
- Peel an eggplant, slice and leave them in water for 10 minutes. Drain.
- Saute onion, garlic and pesto sauce with olive oil until onion become
translucent. Add 1 cup Prego spaghetti sauce and 1/4
- Line the eggplant in a greased casserole. Spread the spaghetti sauce
over the eggplant. .
- Spread 5 oz. cheese (shredded) and 3 tbsp. toasted
pine nuts. Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes. Serve hot with
parmesan cheese and pasta.