One 9-inch tart dish or pie pan
Making a crust
- In a bowl , sift together:
- 1/2 cup flour
1/8 tsp. salt
- Add and blend with a pastry blender until it has the
grain of cornmeal to pea size:
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar (packed)
cups butter or margarine
- Add and blend:
- Spread the flour mixture into the greased tart dish
evenly with a knife. Cover it with a sheet of plastic wrapper and
press the dough with a hand. Bake at 370°F for 12 min or until
it is lightly brown.
Making orange yogurt filling
- Mix in a bowl:
- 3 cup yogurt,
- 1/3 cup
- 1 and 1/2 tsp. orange zest
1 tsp. orange extract . (Zest is only deeply colored
part of the orange peel. Avoid the white part of the peel, which is
bitter. Grated zest is more like paste after you collect it.)
- Mix and set it aside:
- 2 envelopes of Knox gelatin
- 1/4 cup water.
- In a medium size pot, put together and heat to a boil:
- 1/2 cup orange juice ( about 1 and
1/2 oranges) ,
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- Remove from heat, add gelatin and water
mixture to the hot orange juice. Stir well until gelatin dissolves.
When the gelatin mixture is at room temperature, add to the yogurt
- Pour on the cooled crust and set it in refrigerator
for a few hours or until it sets.
- Just before serving, decorate with mandarin oranges
and whipping cream.