A fast and easy chili recipe.
- 2 16 oz. cans kidney beans
- 2 14.5 oz. cans diced tomatoes
- 1.2 lbs. (544 g) 85% lean ground pork
- 1 onion
- 1 celery
- 2 carrots
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 cc) fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and quarter onions, carrots and celery and dice finely with a food processor. Set aside.
- Drain 1 can of kidney beans. Purée kidney beans and 1 can of tomatoes in a food processor
until it becomes a coarse paste. Set aside.
- Heat up 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a large steel pot over medium high heat. Cook ground pork
and finely diced vegetables until the meat is no longer pink, about 5 min.
- Stir in minced garlic, chili powder, cumin, and sugar and cook until fragrant, about 1 min.
- Stir in puréed bean and tomato mixture and remaining can of beans (drained) and tomatoes.
- Bring chili to a boil, then reduce heat to low and let it simmer while covered for 30 min.
- Remove from heat and stir in chopped cilantro. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve.