This recipe makes about 4 to 6 Belgian waffles (7" in diameter).
This recipe uses a waffle iron: Presto 03510 FlipSide Belgian Waffle Maker
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup and 1 Tbsp. milk
- 2/3 cup plain yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Pam cooking spray or vegetable oil
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl: flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt.
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl, then mix in the milk, plain yogurt and vegetable oil.
- Add flour mixture to the egg mixture and mix until there are no lumps. Follow the manufacturer's
instructions for your waffle iron to preheat and cook each waffle.
- If needed, keep the waffles warm and crispy in a conventional oven at 200 to 250°F. Toasting
or baking the waffles can also bring refrigerated or soggy waffles back to life.
- Serve with butter and maple syrup. Waffles also taste great with
blueberry syrup or topped with fruit and whipped