Even though these are healthy, we found that these taste better than traditional pancakes because the almond meal, wheat flour, and corn meal gives it a nice texture.
This recipe makes 12 small pancakes.
- 3/4 cup (100 g) whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup and 3 Tbsp. (80 g) almond meal
- 1/4 cup (30 g) cornmeal
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup and 2 Tbsp. plain yogurt
- vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries (optional)
- In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients: whole wheat flour, almond meal, cornmeal, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and sugar.
Left: Almond meal is ground almonds that include the skin. You can also use unblanched
- In a separate bowl, whisk milk, yogurt, and eggs. Then combine and whisk this into the dry ingredients
- Optional: Mix in your blueberries or other fruit. If you are using frozen blueberries, it is not necessary
to thaw the blueberries ahead of time.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil in a large steel pan over medium heat until the oil starts to shimmer. Ladle
the batter onto your steel pan. Once holes appear on the pancake, flip it over and cook until nicely golden brown.
Pancakes with blueberries.