Ingredients for Cantonese Marinade (a few pounds of chicken or pork)
The marinade can be stored in refrigerator before you add garlic.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup catsup
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup sherry
- dash of chinese five spice powder
- 1~2 tbsp. Hoisin sauce
- Add all the ingredients to a saucepan except sherry.
- Heat over low heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Add sherry. When cooled, store in a glass jar with a tight lid. Freeze
- 1 lb. skinless, boneless chicken breast ( about 3
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. sherry
- 4 tbsp. Cantonese Marinade (add this sauce in stir-frying)
- Cut chicken breast into bite size. Marinate with
minced garlic, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1
tbsp. sherry for 30min.
- Heat a wok over a high heat. When it is very hot and slightly smoking,
spread 2 tbsp. vegetable oil and add
the marinated chicken.
Cover with a lid until the color of both sides of chicken changes.
Stir them once or twice.
- As soon as the outside of chicken looks cooked, add 4 tbsp. ( or more)
Cantonese Marinade sauce. Cook until the sauce evaporates and
coat the chicken with thickened sauce. Cook quickly at high before chicken
 It is critical to wait for the wok to start smoking, because this will
prevent the chicken from sticking to the pan. Please visit the cooking
for more details.