I like to use canned wild blueberries. Wild blueberries
are different from cultivated blueberries. They are smaller in size, more
intense in flavor and color, just like wild strawberries.
- 1 can of Wyman's Wild Blueberries
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch
- 4 tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1/2 pint whipping cream
- 1 8-inch pie crust
- Drain blueberries and save the juice.
- Add water to the juice to make 1 and 1/4 cup liquid.
- In a sauce pan disolve and mix well with blueberry juice:
3 tbsp. cornstarch
4 tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. lemon juice
- Heat at medium, stirring constantly until it thichens.
- Remove from heat, and gently fold in:
2 Tbsp butter
1 tsp. lemon zest
1 can drained blueberries
- Pour the filling into a cooled 8 inch traditional,
or vegan pie crust while the filling is hot . If the filling is cold, it
doesn't set firm.
- Chill and decorate with whipping cream or serve with ice cream.