A good way to use up vegetables in your fridge.
- 2 pressed clove garlic
- 2 cups diced zucchinis (about 2 medium size)
- 1 cup diced celery (2 ribs)
- 1 cup diced onions ( about a half onion)
- 2 diced carrots
- 1/4 red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 cup diced italian tomatoes or one can of stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup canned kidney beans
- 2 cups cabbage
- 3 cups water or beef broth or chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/4 tsp. sage
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp. fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 3 cubes of bouillon (chicken, beef, or vegetable)
- 1/2 tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 cup tubettini pasta or any small pasta
- Romano cheese, grated
- Saute all the ingredients with 2 tbsp. vegetable oil.
- Add stewed tomatoes.
- Add 3 cups of water or broth, beans, bouillon, sugar and all the seasonings
. Bring it to boil and simmer for one hour with a lid on.
- Add pasta and cook 20 min longer.
- Serve with Romano cheese.