Salad dressing directions:
- Mix the following ingredients:
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 3 tbsp. vinegar
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Marinate 2 chicken breasts with the following ingredients:
Cook the marinated chicken by steaming it or cooking it in the microwave oven. Shred the meat.
Heat 1 cup cooking oil
in a wok. When the oil is about 350°F (175°C), add the Sai
Foon. It will immediately cook and double in volume. Flip
the Sai Foon over and cook the other side. Remove from oil and set it on a paper
towel to remove excess oil.
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp five spice powder
- 1/4 tsp sugar
Just before you serve, toss the salad ingredients with the dressing to your taste. You
may not need to use all of the dressing.
- 2 oz. Sai Foon or harusame (don't replace with dry rice stick noodles)
Sai foon cooks and expands immediately.
- 1 small head of lettuce, shredded
- prepared Sai Foon
- 4 green onions, shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped, toasted almonds, or peanuts
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
Keep the ingredients separate and toss them together just before