An 8x8 inch (20x20 cm)brownies, which can
be cut into 16 bars
or a 9 inch round brownies
- Grease an 8x8 inch pan (20x20cm) and dust with
flour, or line the base and sides with parchment paper.
- Sift flour and baking powder together.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F(160°C).
Making Cheese Mixture
- Soften cream cheese and beat until smooth and creamy.
- 8 oz. cream cheese (225g)
- Add and beat until all the ingredients are well blended.
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar (50g)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence (5ml)
- Melt the chocolate and butter together in
the microwave or in a double boiler:
- 4 oz. dark (bittersweet) chocolate
- 4 oz. unsalted butter
- Remove from the heat, stir well, then add the
sugar. Add the eggs, a little at a time and beat well.
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (150g)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Gently stir in the flour.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (80g)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Spread 2/3 of the brownie mixture over
the base of the pan. Add a little warm milk (about 1 tablespoon)
to the remaining brownie mixture until the consistency becomes
that of cream cheese mixture.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on top, then
spoon on the reamining brownie mixture in heaps.
- Using a skewer, swirl the mixtures together.
- Bake for 30~35 minutes, or until just set in
the center. Leave to cool in the pan, then cut into squares.