Prepare a 9-inch baked traditional,
vegan pie crust.
Ingredients for the filling:
- 5 cups (600 g) fresh blueberries
- 4 - 5 Tbsp. sugar, depending on tartness
- 2 1/2 tsp. cornstarch
- 4 Tbsp. water
- 1 lemon or 1/2 orange, zested
- 1 Tbsp. butter
Ingredients for the whipped cream:
- 1 cup (240 cc) whipping cream
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. lemon or orange zest
- 1 tsp. Grand Marnier (optional)
- Zest the whole lemon or half orange and set aside 1/4 tsp. for the whipped cream. The rest of the zest will be used
for the blueberry filling.
- In a 2-quart sauce pan, combine sugar, cornstarch, water and zest. Add 2 1/2 cups blueberries and heat at medium,
gently stirring constantly until the sauce becomes thick and the berries start bursting.
- Remove from heat. Add and gently fold in butter and remaining fresh berries. While it is hot, pour them into the
baked pie shell. Chill in the refrigerator.
- Beat the whipping cream until soft peaks start to form. Add sugar, vanilla, Grand Marnier and zest. Beat until peaks
form. Spread whipped cream on top.