This recipe is for 12 muffins.
Each muffin has 176 calories,
10g fat, 18g
carbohydrates, 3g fiber,
5.5g sugar and
- 1 cup all purpose flour (130g)
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal or almond flour, unblanched (128g)
- 1/2 cup wheat bran, crude (20g)
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Truvia Baking Blend
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 4 Tbsp. melted butter or vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp. orange or lemon zest
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Grease the muffin pan and dust with flour,
shaking of the excess.
- In a bowl, combine and mix all the dry ingredients: flour, wheat bran, almond meal,
baking powder, sugar, Truvia and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs. Mix in melted butter (or vegetable oil), milk and
orange (or lemon) zest.
- Add dry flour mixture to the egg mixture and combine using a spatula with a few swift strokes,
leaving some clumps. Before the dry ingredients are completely moist, fold in blueberries.
- Fill the muffin cups about 2/3 full with batter and bake at 400°F (200°C) for 15 to 20 minutes
or until light golden on top.